Beauty Devices That Are Worth The Hype
When it comes to beauty tech, I’m a believer. Most beauty tech products aren’t new, per se—instead, they give you the ability to bring tried-and-true professional treatments like LED light therapy into your home. If you add up the costs of going to a spa or dermatologist for these treatments versus simply buying an at-home version, you’ll end up saving a lot of money by DIYing it at home.
Add these items to your routine and use them 3 to 5 days a week. While beauty tech is a splurge, these devices will deliver results if you use them consistently. That said, these only make sense to purchase if you’re going to commit to using them regularly. You won’t see improvements if you use a tool once and then forget about it!
I’ve tried several different beauty tech tools, and these are two devices that I’ve found are worth the investment and easy to incorporate into a basic skincare routine.
Microcurrent devices emit low-intensity electrical currents that stimulate the skin and facial muscles. It’s a little bit like a workout for your face, “reeducating” your facial muscles to tone and lift. Benefits of these device include:
- Improving muscle tone
- Contouring the face
- Boosting collagen and elastin production
- Increasing cellular activity
- Diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
- Lifting the jawline and eyebrows
- Improving circulation
- Enhancing product penetration
- Aiding in lymphatic drainage
- Improved skin pigmentation
NuFACE Trinity Facial Toning Device
There are a number of knock-offs on the market, but NuFACE is the OG—invest in the real deal and you’ll see results. NuFACE tones, contours, reduces puffiness, and promotes collagen production. The device sessions are only five minutes long, so they’re easy to fit into even the busiest days, I use my NuFace Trinity 3 times a week, it gives me an instant pick-me-up, and leaves me with skin that looks more lifted and awake,
For more focused treatments, you can purchase lip, eye, and wrinkle reducing attachments. There is also an LED light attachment that you can use to treat your face, section by section.
Here is a a quick video I created to demonstrate how easy it is to use NuFace.
LED Light Therapy
LED light therapy devices emit professional-strength wavelengths of light energy into the deepest layers of your skin. Benefits of LED light therapy include:
- Supporting collagen production, boosting firmness and elasticity, reducing fine lines and wrinkles, stimulating new cell growth, and improving the appearance of hyperpigmentation (red light therapy)
- Reducing bacteria to improve mild-to-moderate acne (blue light therapy)
- Healing after dermatological procedures or sunburn (post-procedure mode)
I use my LED mask at least 3 times a week. If you decide to take the plunge and give it a try, I recommend a similar routine because you’ll get the most out of the device with regular, consistent use.