What to Wear While You Are Working From Home
Working from home has taken on a life of its own over the last few weeks. The first week of quarantine, I went extra comfy borderline homely, but I’m back to my regularly scheduled programming! I’m out of my PJs and into a comfortable but put together look to wear while working from home. I know that doing so will give me a stronger sense of normalcy and routine (something we’re all craving right about now).
Now that I’m back to semi-business casual, I wanted to share my top loungewear picks that double as work-from-home chic. When it comes to getting dressed right now, no one has time for a big production, these pieces are easy to throw on and will keep you looking put together all day long.
- Anine Bing Zebra Cardigan: Loud, bold prints are my thing. They keep me looking and feeling fresh and trendy, and this Zebra cardigan is no exception. Perfect as a fancier stand-in robe right now and even better with a tank top and jeans later on! *If you signup for Anine’s email list right now, you can get 25% off.
- Jogger Jumpsuit: If you’re looking for a more casual jumpsuit, this one by Missguided looks flattering, functional, and incredibly comfortable to wear all day long. *Missguided is running a 50% off sale right now!!
- Cashmere Sweater: One of my go-to WFH looks is a cashmere cardigan thrown over some leggings. It’s a comfortable look that’s easy to wear when you’re chasing after kids and attempting to answer emails!
- Topshop Jumpsuit: For when you’re feeling like a change of scenery from your sweats, this jumpsuit is fabulous. The best part is it can be dressed up with some heels post-quarantine and looks just as great with a pair of sneakers to wear around the house right now.
- Leopard Print Sweats: I may have to add this set from Target (that also has a shorts option!) to my cart sooner than later. It looks perfectly cozy and the animal print makes it pop!
- Washable Silk Robe by Lunya: A major and more than worthy treat yourself moment is this luxurious and washable 100% silk robe from Lunya. Throw it on day or night! The elastic wrists allow you to get your sleeves out of the way during your skincare routine and your multiple trips to the sink to wash your hands. I love mine so much!
- Boiler Jumpsuit: I love that Boiler suits have made a comeback because they’re not only flattering, but make me feel pulled together whether I’m working out of my home office or just hanging with the kids.
- Button Down Shirt: An absolute staple. As we self-quarantine, I’ll pair with leggings and once we’re back out in the world, with pants or jeans for a casual working from home look.
- Anine Bing Track Pants: I’ve been stalking these track pants for a while now, and it might just be time to pull the trigger! I love how they can be worn as true track pants or dressed up with a heel and jacket.
- Floral PJ Pants: These pajama bottoms remind me of something you’d find at Anthropologie, but for a fraction of the cost! Imagine these with the Lunya silk robe—cozy chic.
- Leopard Print Lounge Shorts: I have my eye on these adorable shorts from every woman’s favorite spot: Target! The price is more than reasonable, I love the design, and shorts are a nice change of pace, especially if you live in a warmer climate.
- Nike Tights: You can never have too many leggings. These ones by Nike are some of my favorites because they offer the right amount of compression and are slimming. They easily transition from lounging to a living room workout in no time!
- High Waisted Jeans: During this quarantine, you may feel the urge to put on actual jeans, these Good Waist jeans by Good American have been my go-to’s for denim since having my second baby. The super high rise, gap-proof waistband accentuate my waistline and make my legs look longer. Good American’s “recovery fabric” keep skinny jeans from getting loose and losing their shape. I also love that the brand is super inclusive—denim comes in sizes 00 to 24.
- Lou & Grey Sweat Set: If you only buy one new thing for yourself during this time, get this sweatsuit set from Lou and Grey. They’re popular for a reason—they are the softest things you’ll ever wear! I live in mine and I’m buying two new sets today.
- Lunya Restore Travel Kit: Investing in Lunya’s Restore Travel Kit is another real treat yourself moment. In it, you not only get a pair of their incredibly soft Lunya Pocket Leggings but also a long sleeve tee, pair of socks, a tank top, and a sleeping mask! Made from a unique fabric to help restore your body quicker, I originally got this set for traveling, but wear it at home even more than I do to the airport. I’ll wear the long sleeve tee with a pair of jeans or throw the base tank under a cozy cardigan—mixing these with other pieces helps to create the perfect working from home look.
Tops and pants are great, but we can’t forget the power behind an accessory.
- Classic Leather Belt: Even if you choose to wear a robe and leggings for the day, belting it with this classic piece from Madewell pulls the look together quickly. I find myself grabbing for this belt all the time to complete my outfits!
- Slip Into Something Comfy: Slippers are a saving grace right now! I love this pair by EMU Australia from Amazon and they come in 12 different colors!
- Leopard Headband: I don’t know what I would do without headbands, and this leopard number is my new favorite by far.
- Hair Clips: Adding a cute clip to my hair makes me feel polished, and I love the “Anaconda” print in this set.
Shimmer Socks: Put a little pep in your at-home step with this sweet 3-pack of shimmer socks.
- Velvet Scrunchies: Pull your locks out of your face and dive into the WFH day with these adorable and fun scrunchies from Urban Outfitters. I love that scrunchies leave my hair dent and damage free.
No matter how you choose to dress for working from home, remember that comfort comes first! If you’re comfortable and feel good about what you have on, that confidence is sure to carry over into your work.